Who wouldn’t love this flavorful pork sisig? We made it simpol so you can easily recreate this classic Pinoy dish at home!
Serves 7 to 8.
- 1 kilogram pig’s cheeks and ears
- 3 pieces laurel leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 5 pieces big red onions, chopped
- 200 grams chicken liver
- 4 tablespoons calamansi juice
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 7 pieces siling labuyo (red chili pepper), chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, add per serving (optional)
Chef Tatung’s Tips:
- Options in preparing pork:
- Grill pork for about 7 to 10 minutes on each side or until crisp and slightly charred.
- Using a baking sheet, arrange pork in a single layer, skin side exposed and broil in a 230°C oven for about 4 to 15 minutes or until crisp.
- Heat oil to 190°C and fry until pork is crisp.
- Do not forget to dry the boiled pork first, before deep-frying or grilling to prevent oil from splattering.
- After combining all the wet and dry ingredients, do a taste test.
- Adding egg is also an option as it can add more substance to the dish hence, can lessen the saltiness.