Soup is commonly cooked especially during cold weather or even if you’re just craving for that nourishing hot bowl. Here’s a popular Vietnamese clear soup you can do at home!
Serves 4 to 5.
- 1 kilo pork ribs, cut into 2-inch segments
- 1 piece white onion, sliced
- 1 piece medium-sized ginger, peeled and smashed
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- 1 /2 cup gabi, diced
- 1 wedge yellow squash, diced
- 1 cup upo (bottle gourd) or sayote, diced
- 4 pieces ripe saba bananas
- 1 small head Baguio pechay
- 2 stalks leeks
- Fish sauce or all-purpose seasoning granules, to taste
Chef Tatung’s Tips:
- If too much liquid is lost during cooking, you can add some hot water at the end and season again to taste.
- You can alter the veggies in this recipe depending on your taste and the season.