Looking for a quick and easy cooking experience but with an undeniably filling food outcome? Make your own pork pot roast, a trouble-free recipe you can cook into a crock pot and serve your whole family with this hearty comfort food.
Serves 5 to 6.
- 1 ½ kg. pork kasim or loin (whole piece)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup calamansi juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pieces laurel leaves
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 3 pieces onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 packs (200 grams) tomato sauce
- 3 cups chicken stock or water (you can use beer, too)
- 1 piece carrot, cut into rounds
- 2 pieces red bell peppers, cut into strips
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Chef Tatung’s Tips:
- Truss pork to help pork keep its shape.
- Cool pork before slicing. You can serve the whole as a centerpiece or sliced thinly and arranged in a platter.
- Serve sauce on the side like gravy.